We are currently stocking up on the Charger variety, which is packing more heat than the Big Jim this year. Charger and Big Jim are both Medium heat varieties, but due to the large amount of rain that the Hatch Valley has gotten this season, the Big Jims have been running a little milder. Charger is sure to satisfy your craving for green chile with a perfect kick of spiciness!
Big Jim and Charger are our famous medium heat varieties. Both are great for rellenos, as they are very large and meaty. These varieties have inconsistent heat levels from pod to pod and from year to year. If you're looking for a spicy kick, we recommend you opt for our Hot (Sandia/G76) rather than our medium.
Big Jim and Charger pods can grow between 8 and 14 inches in length. They can vary on the scoville scale from 500-3,500 SHU. We sell Big Jim and Charger in 5, 10, and 25 pound boxes. 25lb boxes of fresh Big Jim are enough for one or two people for a full year while a 10lb box of Big Jim might only last a few months. Our 5lb box of Big Jim makes a great gift and ships for free!
- We ship all of our Fresh Hatch Green Chile orders on a first-in-first-out basis.
- We cannot ship this product to PO Boxes. Please use a physical address when checking out.
- Fresh Hatch Green Chile ships on Tuesday's, weather permitting. If the grade out is higher than anticipated or our fields experience poor weather, then we must delay picking in those fields, thus fresh orders may be pushed to Wednesday.
- We pick and ship all fresh orders same-day.
- Shipping time is calculated from the time the order is picked up until it is delivered. (i.e. 2-Day shipping is when an order is picked up on Tuesday and delivered on the following Thursday)
- You must have your order in by 11:59pm on Sunday for it to ship the following week, so long as the pre-orders for that heat variety have already been fulfilled.
- You can place your order now and request to have it put on hold for later delivery. Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or (575) 635-4680 to place your order on hold.
- Any changes (hold requests, upgraded shipping, item substitutions, address changes) must be made by 4pm MT on Monday before the order is shipped.