Our good friend Emily at The Goldilocks Kitchen has crated a refreshing and delicious Hatch Green Chile Salsa. Whether you are dipping chips or veggies, or topping your favorite burrito or taco, this will be your new favorite salsa!
This Hatch Green Chile Salsa's earthy, smoky, and slightly tart taste is the perfect accompaniment to all of your summer meals!
- 1.5 pounds of tomatillos, husks removed
- 1 poblano chile
- 1 small yellow onion, peeled and quartered
- 6 whole cloves of garlic, smashed open but not peeled
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 pound frozen roasted Hatch Green Chile (mild, medium, or hot) or 1 jar Hatch Green Chile Roast
- 1/2 cup packed fresh cilantro leaves
- nonstick cooking spray or vegetable oil
For full prep instructions and to see how to replace frozen or jarred with fresh chile, click here.