Dried chile pods are a staple ingredient in New Mexican cuisine. Here are some common ways to use dried chile pods:
- Rehydrate the chile pods: To use dried chile pods, you'll first need to rehydrate them by soaking them in hot water for about 20-30 minutes. This will soften the pods and make them easier to work with.
- Make a chile paste: Once the chile pods are rehydrated, you can blend them into a paste using a food processor or blender. This paste can be used as a base for sauces, marinades, and soups.
- Use as a spice: You can also grind the dried chile pods into a powder using a spice grinder, mortar and pestle, or coffee grinder. This powder can be used as a seasoning for meats, vegetables, and other dishes.
- Add to stews and soups: Whole dried chile pods can be added to stews and soups to infuse them with flavor and heat.
- Decorative purposes: want to give your home a uniquely New Mexican look and feel? You can even make your own Chile Ristras from Dried Chile Pods.
We offer Dried Chile Pods in 3 different heat levels: Mild, Medium, and Hot.