Pecan Encrusted Hatch Green Chile Strips
1. Chop off the top of your Roasted Hatch Green Chile and slice open into four long strips.
2. Chop New Mexican Pecans or grind with a food processor until they are a course meal consistency. They need to be small enough to stick to your thin chile pieces, so stop right before it becomes pecan flour.
3. Beat eggs and combine with milk.
4. Combine ground pecans and almond flour.
5. Pat Roasted Hatch Green Chile strips dry with a paper towel, then grab each strip (using fingers is the easiest), dip it in the egg, then cover with your nut mixture, and pat the coating into the strip a little. Repeat with each strip (obviously). Refrigerate strips for 15-30 minutes to let the breading set.
6. Place a cooling rack over a cookie sheet. Transfer strips to the cooling rack. Spray with cooking oil, and sprinkle with salt.
7. Bake at 400 degrees for 15 minutes, or until the breading is crisp.
- 1 big bed of greens (your choice), fill the plate
- 1 tomato
- 1 red bell pepper
- 1/2 cup grilled, shredded chicken
- 1/4 avocado, sliced
- 4-8 pecan encrusted hatch green chiles, cut into small pieces
- 1 lime, juiced
1. Fill your plate with greens.
2. Pile ingredients on in the order of your liking.
3. Squeeze lime over the whole salad, and dig in!
Recipes You May Like
Sweet & Spicy Chicken Kabobs
These kabobs are packed with flavor thanks to the marinade.
Hatch Green Chile Stuffed Bell Peppers
The more peppers the merrier!
Hatch Green Chile Pasta Salad
The perfect recipe for your next picnic.