Honey Chile Chicken Kabobs
- 1 tbsp Vegetable Oil
- 1 tbsp Sesame Oil
- 2 Cloves Garlic - Minced
- 1 tsp Minced Ginger
- 1 tbs Red Chile Powder (2 Tbs for an extra kick)
- ⅓ cup Soy Sauce
- ⅓ cup honey
- 2 Chicken Breasts - (approx 350g/12.5 oz) Cut into cubes
- 1 Red Bell Pepper - Cut into Cubes
- 1 Green Bell Pepper - Cut into Cubes
- 8oz of Sliced Mushrooms
- 1 Onion - Diced
- 1 Tbs Sesame Seeds
- Small Bunch of Coriander/Cilantro - Chopped
- Mix the Vegetable Oi, Sesame Oil, Garlic, Ginger, Red Chile Powder, Soy Sauce, and Honey together in a small bowl.
- Place the chicken in a bowl and pour on three quarters of the marinade (save the rest for brushing on the chicken during cooking). Cover and place in the fridge for at least 1 hour (or up to a day).
- Soak your skewers if they're wooden ones (to prevent them burning) or use metal skewers.
- Thread a piece of chicken onto a skewer, followed by a chunk of red bell pepper, then a slice of onion, and a slice of mushroom. Repeat until you use up all ingredients.
- When you're ready to cook, heat your BBQ or griddle until it's very hot.
- Place the skewers on the BBQ or griddle, and cook for 8-10 minutes until cooked through. Turn 3-4 times during cooking, and brush with the extra marinade through cooking.
- Sprinkle with sesame seeds and coriander, then serve with your favorite sides.
Tips & Tricks
- Try marinating the chicken overnight.
- It you just love this marinade double it! That way you have plenty to brush on the kabobs while they are cooking.
- These are so customize-able! Feel free to add whatever ingredients you like. Zucchini, tomatoes, pineapple, baby potatoes, and corn are all amazing!