Green Chile Lasagna
- 1 & 1/2 lb. Hatch Green Chile Roasted, Peeled, & Chopped
- 1 & 1/2 lb. lasagna noodles
- 1/2 lb. Italian Sausage
- Ricotta cheese
- 1 qt. spaghetti sauce
- 2 lb. mozzarella cheese
- 8 oz. Parmesan cheese
- 8 oz. grated Romano cheese
- 5 large eggs
- Garlic Powder
- Mix eggs, ricotta cheese, parmesan cheese, romano cheese, 1/2 mozzarella cheese, roasted & peeled green chile, mix well. Season to taste with salt, pepper, garlic powder, basil, thyme, and oregano. Set aside.
- Cook italian sausage until fully cooked. Pat the fully cooked sausage with paper towels to remove grease and set aside
- Cook noodles till soft then cool with cool water in a strainer.
- Spray a 6 x 9 x 2 baking pan with cooking spray then place cooked noodles in pan side by side in one layer.
- Spread the cheese mixture on first layer
- Sprinkle Italian sausage on first layer
- Spread tomato sauce over the cheese
- Repeat step 5 through 7 until you run out of cheese mixture, noodles, and sausage.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Cover and cook for 30 to 40 minutes until lightly brown on top.
- Serve hot and enjoy!
Tips & Tricks
- If you don't have any Italian Sausage on hand ground beef will do.
- For extra cheesy goodness pull the lasagna out of the oven 5 minutes early, remove tinfoil covering, and sprinkle shredded mozzarella generously.
- Try to overlap your noodles, this creates beautiful layers.
Products Used In This Recipe