- 4-6 medium to large very ripe tomatoes, roughly chopped
- 1 whole cucumber, peeled and chopped
- 2 red bell peppers, deseeded and chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled
- 1/4 - 1/2 cup (60-120ml) extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tbsp. sea salt
- 1-2 tbsp. white balsamic or sherry vinegar
- 3-5 tbsp. roasted Hatch green chiles
- fresh jalapeño
- grape tomatoes
- red pepper
- extra virgin olive oil
- black olives
- garlic croutons
This is the easiest recipe! Peel and slice cucumber, deseed and slice pepper and chop tomatoes, de-skin garlic, dice chile peppers.
Add all veg to a blender alongside oil and blend on 'soup' setting for a smoother consistency. Add salt, vinegar and green chiles to taste and blend once more. Taste and adjust seasoning.
I don't find it necessary to pass the soup through a sieve, but depending on the strength of your blender you may choose to do so.
Chill for a minimum of 2 hours in the fridge for maximum refreshment!
Finish with a healthy drizzle of olive oil and whatever garnishes you like. Adding a bit of crunch from a fresh jalapeño or crouton provides a satisfying balance, I highly recommend it!
Notes: This recipe has a mild amount of heat to it, so as not to overpower the other flavours. Feel free to turn it up by adding in more chiles as you see fit.