Green Chile Pumpkin Pie
Have you ever wanted to use authentic hatch green chile in a dessert? Try our Green Chile Pumpkin Pie for a blend of spicy and sweet!
- 1/2 cup Roasted, Seeded, Peeled, and Chopped Hatch Green Chile
- 2 cups pumpkin puree
- 3 eggs
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 pie crust
- Whipped cream
- Slivered almonds (if desired)
- To roast chile (if it’s not already roasted), place them under broiler flame until skin becomes charred; rotate until all of the skin is blackened.
- Place chilies in a plastic bag to cool.
- Once cool, peel off skin and remove stem and seeds. Chop.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- In a mixing bowl, blend chile, pumpkin, eggs, sugar, cream, spices and vanilla. Mix well and pour over pie crust.
- Bake for 35 minutes, or until pumpkin is firm.
- Let cool for about 30 minutes.
- Top with a dollop of whipped cream and a pinch of roasted almond slivers if desired. Enjoy our green chile pumpkin pie!