- 1/2 cup water
- 12 eggs
- 32 oz flour
- 5oz sugar
- 6tsp yeast
- 1 pound of butter - very soft
- 2 tsp salt
- 1 pound hatch green chiles chopped and mixed with 1 cup of flour
- Mix water, eggs, flour, sugar, yeast and salt together in a kitchen aid mixer for about 4 minutes.
- Slowly add in butter a little at a time while mixing waiting for each addition to incorporate.
- Add green chili/flour mixture until well distributed.
- Cover the kitchen aid bowl with plastic and allow to rise on the counter until about 1/3 bigger then place the bowl in the fridge to firm up.
- Once the mixture is firm ~4 hours take it out and put the dough on a well floured surface and give it 2 business letter turns.
- Put the now rectangular shaped dough into an airtight container and back in the fridge. I usually choose to cook this the following day because the flavor is better but you can also just place into a bread pan now and allow to rise on the counter until doubled. Brush the top with egg wash.
- Bake at 375-400 until the internal temp is about 190 - this will depend on your pan shape. but it can take 45 minutes to 1 hour.